Sadler is such a good teacher. Really love him. Precise, approachable, always curious and extremely good at breaking down complex concepts. Been intermittently checking out his Leela series and I wish more people had this kind of clarity and power of communication. Plus the amount he must actually be researching. I noticed that he tries out all these lines in his games and I suppose that's him trying to find more novelties in it. Saw a game of his and was such a simplistic marvel to be honest. He manages to convert d4 and QGD type structures into very sharp variants.
I've always respected and loved my teachers, hehe..maybe a bit of a teacher's pet too at times. But only cuz I love learning and have always appreciated those who take the time and trouble to explain things with ease. They make learning a total joy.
What strikes me about him is also the humility with which he communicates. For someone that brilliant, he doesn't have any airs about himself whatsoever. I guess that's what also makes him approachable. Great teachers all have this one quality I notice. They always make you feel like you can do well. I think it has something to do with the purity of their pursuit of knowledge, they don't dilute it with any personal issues. So the attempt is only focused on discussing the subject and no human emotion interference in a way. I like that a lot.
Wish I had known more professors like him. I have known a fair few good ones, but the ones I resonated with the most were ones who in my view atleast were encouraging and had not only a passion for their subjects, but also made you feel like you could ask them any and all questions because they understand your desire to learn and appreciate it.
Goody!
E5 and you win the game. Just beautiful. I'll try this out in some game, I tend to get this position a lot with d4 but haven't played that in a long time.

No comments:
Post a Comment