Friday, May 17, 2024

Dandelion

Read The Open Window lmao. What a good story. I love Saki. 

~

The rains make my apartment so chill and windy and soothing. Just sitting here reading and musing with soft music and a cup of soup and I just feel sooooo damn nice. Fuck. 

Something about rainy days; it makes everything slow, and cold. I find it so pleasant. 

~

One day I'll write a small scene like this : 

"The cold wind brushing past my face as I strive to finish the story I'm immersed in. The light of the lamps is muted enough to cast a soft glow across the room. Not intrusive, just happy to help. My legs tucked under me as I lean against the backrest of my favourite couch. Your head in my lap, as you scroll on something while sprawled out on the couch. Absentmindedly, I caress the top of your head from time to time. There's a subtle awareness at a very peaceful level that if there is bliss on earth, it's right here in this moment."

I think I do imagine bits of domestic bliss to be this way. Just calmly chilling with each other, being affectionate and feeling the warmth of each others' company. There's a lot of beauty in silence and regular, ordinary moments of life. And it is exquisite. 

By the time I'm old and grey, I want to have a large collection of these kinda moments. To me, that would be a life well lived. 

No comments:

Post a Comment