Reading about Hanukkah. So interesting. It's also called the festival of lights. I never knew that. I love the symbolism of lighting lamps. Even during Diwali, lighting lamps is the one part that I actually enjoy. Something about fire and it's orange warmth is very dear to me, as is candle light. Judaism is one religion I haven't known well. I like that I can see it with fresh eyes. There's so much deep history that I can just appreciate and learn about and my lack of exposure means I can do it right. Baby steps.
Sometimes I wish I hadn't known any religion and could actually learn about them with an open mind instead of the viewpoint that was drilled into me as a kid which made it hard to be objective. My mind has this firm distinction between the organised part of religion v the divine part of it. The latter to me is simply a conversation with yourself and your conscience, your soul and as such should be as deep as you want it to be. I do believe in the power of faith, and I believe the act of praying helps you be strong or atleast gives you a framework to tap into your own reserves of will. That's the part I find miraculous, how the underlying design of worship is a way for you to keep your own demons at bay and access the bits within yourself that help you in your own time of trouble.
Love and safety, we all need that at the end of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment