Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Hegel

Revisiting Phenomenology of Geist and the thing I can't help but wonder about all of these philosophers is if their stance would change had they learnt math? Esp in an approach that's attempting to be as logic driven as Hegel's I feel like him not understanding scientific proofs is a huuuuge impediment and yet I don't know his writings well enough to know exactly what may or may not be different. Plus the entire concept of Geist as a hypothesis also has its corollary in the eastern philosophies wrt consciousness and they are also all postulates in the strictest terms. Essentially he is hypothesizing Geist as Maya in a sense, except his approach is to eliminate all the suppositions and see what's left and that's how he derives the idea of Geist. 

Everything is quite a mess in my head about this, too disjointed. I think I'll find some lecture series and use it as a podcast to listen to. Kinda easier to absorb on the go. But I have a strong feeling that at the intersection of math, consciousness and faith, there will be some profound axiom to be formed. Wish there was an interdisciplinary team of people who could propose and refute suppositions until they come to some base truth. And I wish I could be a fly on the wall on such a panel. 

But I guess the world is too busy scrolling memes to do this. Pity.

No comments:

Post a Comment