Monday, December 11, 2023

Tolstoy

I don't know what it is. But reading him this time isn't making me feel the same way I did the first time. There's no aha! moment I'm having as yet. But maybe it'll come around. 

I think the problem essentially is his writing deals with most of royal society and their whole gilded cage unhappiness thing. And I think that kinda stuff has started feeling a bit hollow in its essence. But lmc, a bit more and maybe I'll feel differently. 

It's been a long, long time since I read a book that really sucker punched me. I miss that a lil bit. 

Sometimes in life you just want a Bill Watterson.

"Achieve a lower consciousness". Fuck, that line has me in splits. And his dumbass happy face to go with it. 

See this is what I love. Simplicity, wit, innocence and a touch of philosophy. I don't care for adulthood or adults or complications in general. I'm not cut out for any of that. I mean deal cuz I have to but do I truly give a shit about it? Nyat! Nein! Nakko! 

And a lot of the times now I feel like I want to build worlds that reflect that, like a blanket fort of make believe where things can be just as I want them to be. Productive escapism, my new aim in life. 

Ugh, again #41 came on. I love it so. Hehe, happiness...

No comments:

Post a Comment