I was wondering why I have such an affinity for Sadler and his analysis, and I realised that in addition to having respect for his intellect, I have a huge amount of respect for how gentlemanly and sweet he is as a person. No condescending attitude towards anyone, no rudeness, no desire to pull others down to push himself up. Even with Levon, he was so nervous about his own skills. And yet Levon was very nice and there was no trace of condescending attitude from him, they just both did due diligence to the position on the board without any extra ness to it. That was very chill and a very classroom type atmosphere which I like. I guess that's why he is also well liked generally. Both contenders also mentioned him and I've heard Magnus also speak well of him and ask about his recos. I suppose it's the person he is that contributes to that, not just his skills. And yet the man is so humble he straight up admits he isn't as good as levon and is nervous at the prospect of commentating with him. Very quaint and endearing. Even on yt, I find his chat to be just filled with nice, curious folks. No weirdness. Hehe. I guess I enjoy this type of behavior the most. You don't feel on edge ever. Genuine groundedness and humility. It's like the absence of a headache. You almost never notice how nice it is cuz it feels normal but the advent of one is unreal.
Cheers to the good people out there. I applaud the feeling of safety I feel in your presence.
No comments:
Post a Comment