Do players' personalities influence their chess? Interesting question asked to Sadler. He says not necessarily. Says he is reserved as a person but very diff chess wise. Hmmm... I think who you are unfettered is very much visible on the board. What you do under stress and high stakes shows very distinctly who you are. Part of why I root for magnus always I simply with no reservations believe one should optimise to win everytime. My own chess is overly optimistic and at times not thought through and lacks the base of hard work required to refine it, but when I push myself I'm happy with the results so I know what I lack in rigor currently I'll make up over time in persistence. Feel like you can always figure clues out about people slowly that way. But who knows, maybe I'm completely wrong. Hehe.
~
Oh wow he also has an ex wife and a current one haha. Man, people really divorce a lot huh. Or maybe these chess players are just annoying the fuck out of women haha. I can soooo see this happening lmao. Well, I hope when I marry it's for good and just the once. I'll hold out for that. Want a good solid partnership, didn't deal with so much bs in life to falter in this kinda stage. Hehe. Guess that means I need to keep my standards up and not shortchange myself on essentials.
~
Fuck it. Let me get my 1900 back then quit 3+0 for good. Let's play actual chess and prove my own self wrongggg haha. Yeah fuck it not letting myself off the hook for lack of rigor.
No comments:
Post a Comment