I want to read a nice chess book today. Think I'll start with Kasparov's. Ugh but I want to read that Tal book also. Dammit.
~
Omg I started the tal book and I can FINALLY SEE THE NOTATIONS AS MOVES IN MY HEAD AS I READ THEM OMGGGGG
AAAAAAAAA
THIS FEELS SO GOOD I'M A REAL CHESS PLAYER NOWWWWWWWW
💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃
~
20 pages in and already I love this book! 😍
~
Such an interesting way to write as well. I love the documentary style anecdotes. V cool. I'm eager to finish this soooooon.
Heh. The tradition of respect. It's a thing that is recurring in all art and creative circles too. "Respect" for certain behaviours. I guess in my own way I have my own set of rules that govern who I respect and why as well. How people choose to behave is the primary thing for me as well. Everything else about them...what they can do etc takes a backseat. Humanity above all else. Guess that's why I do not respect the nepos and kramms of the world. To me, they are just guys who spent their time optimising how to play a board game. Which - interesting as it may be - can never take precedence over actual human decency and behaviour. And people who hide behind the guise of elo to subject others to dogshit behaviour aren't worthy humans. I recall Einstein being extremely upset that Lasker chose to play chess instead of devoting himself to science and math and he was appalled at why someone this smart would choose a path so meaningless to Einstein. I kinda get that. I understand the fascination for the game, but I do feel if people like Kramms etc had taken their tenacity and devoted it to medicine or science their contributions to the world would have been far more meaningful. And we would not have some 50 yo man children bullying 10 yo kids lol. But yeah, this stuff is not respect worthy. There are many who are ofc, I respect Sadler immensely. And I'm sure there are many others like him as well who are grounded, clever but most importantly... Good human beings. Magnus, Vishy etc...The world needs more people like that. I suppose it's up to us what we choose to devote our time to, and what skills we sharpen. But in the end our area of impact is always going to be how we treat others and how our choices impact our surroundings. That's one thing everyone has in common but very few figure out. Rest are just stories of glory we live in our heads haha.
Atta boy! See now this is what you should always do. RESIST THE FUCKING URGE TO TRADE QUEENS ON MOVE 6. ♥️
and be an uppity CM that ain't afraid of any world number 3 haha. But that's the thing. If your love for game is pure, I don't think you'd be afraid of anything, simply savouring the experience. If your ego is in the way, then you'll be fearing the non essentials. There has to be a better articulation for this. But I do believe it to be true, however difficult it may be to practically achieve in reality.
Ahahahahahaha. I love you, Tal. I love you. ❣️
Duuuudeeeee!!!!
THIS ABOVE ALL ELSE... TO THINE SELF ALWAYS BE TRUE!
SALUD! 🎩
~
Tal Visotskis Leningrad 1954 - the first game I have seen completely in my head just by reading notations. Fuck yes. Hallelujah 🙏
~
Funny thing is.... I learnt german cuz I wanted to read german authors and the philosophy they come up with. And at the time everyone made fun of me or questioned me saying why you wasting time. I knew then that opinions are just a reflection of who people are and sometimes you just gotta discard them. I'm glad I did that then. Reading these now I realised it's just a quest for knowledge that drives me and I love that and it's something I hope never changes. ♥️ Viele leibe.




No comments:
Post a Comment