Thursday, December 19, 2024

Shadow Sides

 A lover I don't have to love



I guess this might be a bit of mine.


~


But then all of a sudden the fog lifts and I find myself steady, feet on the ground. Hehe. And then I type hehe, because why not make things a bit lighter, happier and all that needs to be right is right. 


Land Locked Blues

This might be my heart. A teeny bit. 

~

A good woman will pick you apart

A box full of suggestions for your possible heart

But you may be offended, and you may be afraid

But don't walk away, don't walk away


We made love on the living room floor

With the noise in the background from a televised war

And in that deafening pleasure, I thought I heard someone say

"If we walk away, they walk away"


~~

Haha yes. A good woman will pick you apart. I should know, I do it all the time. 

And I am a good woman, of that you can be sure. 

Hehe. One little heart for me. ♥️

~

Dammit I've changed so much I love this song and the first one has no hold over me anymore. I am all grown up. Who could have imagined it? Not me! 

~

Still love Bright Eyes though. They just don't make music like this anymore. It's a bit like Charles Bukowski meets idk Hemingway maybe. Something smack dab in the middle of kinda sorta fucked up but with sunshine and a smirk. Cuz you know you'll pick yourself up, dust yourself off and then... Goddammit just love a good woman yo. 

~

And this is a song I searched for you. The lyrics make it so beautiful to me. Maybe cuz they reminds me of me. Just on a walk, a lil poignant though, one smile and some rain and some sunshine. 

Bowl of Oranges




Always funny to me that people know of Joel, but hardly anyone knows Bright Eyes. And I've always got your back! 💖 

~

Baby don't worry cause now I got your back. And every time you feel like crying,

I'm gonna try and make you laugh. 

And if I can't, if it just hurts too bad,then we will wait for it to pass and I will keep you company through those days so long and black.

And we'll keep working on the problem we know we'll never solve

Of Love's uneven remainders, our lives are fractions of a whole.

But if the world could remain within a frame like a painting on a wall.

Then I think we would see the beauty.

Then we would stand staring in awe at our still lives posed like a bowl of oranges, like a story told by the fault lines and the soil. 

Ooohh. Ohhhh. 

~

There you have it. My heart in a nutshell. Not so shadowy after all. 

If someday I send this to someone, I hope they understand me. I'll save it for someone special. One who would just get it instantly hehe. And beware! Never send it to someone who will ignore it, because they need to show how much more music they know hehe. God there are too many people like that 💀

No comments:

Post a Comment