Ugh. Sent some link to M instead of just being direct and telling him what's on my mind. Can't seem to even form the words to actually tell him why it bothered me so much to read that trash when I did. I guess he doesn't understand the implications or impact of those kinda statement. I can't blame him, he has led a diff life. But just the thought of replacing that word with Indian just annoyed the hell out of me. So many of us migrate to the US. Most of my friend circle is there. All of them have worked hard, paid good money to some of the best schools, carved a career and niche for themselves, pay a fuckton in taxes in Cali. Everything any of us has achieved has been through merit and merit alone. The idea of whittling them down to shitty stereotypes is so fucking insulting. Noone has ever needed or wanted to do some cheap shit like using dating as a means to an end. Noone has to, they are capable of getting jobs in any part of the world and they work so immensely hard to attain all of that. And it's just so fucking insulting to insinuate otherwise. That's the bit M doesn't get. I'm sure it's an honest oversight on his part. But why doesn't he realise that shit that gets said around him at the end of the day ends up being a reflection of him? It's like he is so naive about certain things. Fuck dude. And I don't really know how to tell him because idk. It's so icky. These are things people should realise on their own. People say that shit around him cuz I think they believe he is okay with it. The same crowd I've seen on so many other channels and they never behave that way but with him it's like all gloves are off. Ugh. Maybe I should tell him idk. Or maybe he gets it, hope he does.
No comments:
Post a Comment