Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Ethics

The ethical frameworks people adhere to, have always dictated whether or not I choose to be around them in the long run. Talking to Di made me realise that fact. Every friendship I let go of, every equation I eventually left, had that one thing in common. How people treat others, the respect they show, their desire to be fair or unfair, all of that registers in my mind with absolution. I always hated how fundamental it was for A's personality to put people down to highlight herself. I hated L's complete backstabby behaviour. Even if it wasn't subjected to me, in the end I disliked them enough to let go despite us having been closest of friends at some point in time. Looking back, maybe I should have been a lot more cognizant and not even befriended them but at the time I had a low sense of self coupled with a belief that people can change. I don't think so anymore. I think people's core drives remain the same. And at the end of the day, who you choose to be with in your life are always a reflection of who you must be inside. I believe that. They say a man is judged by the company he keeps, and it's true. You can see that in every group, they all have similar traits. I learnt this lesson very late maybe, but now that I have, I am very unrelenting about diluting my standards. 

I like fairness, decency and equality. Those are simple things and yet hard to attain. People I admire, all have these traits though. Even people like Thibault, who I don't know personally, embodies them and it feels great to know people like him exist. Their drive towards fairplay is inspirational, esp as selling out would have been an easier path and it was never taken. I respect that so much. The world needs more strong individuals who can walk the talk. A lot of people I know have that too... my brother, his friends, meg, S, the other S. They all are very good at keeping their hearts clean and doing the right thing with others. Being kick-ass in their fields is a plus. But I love that mix of honor and intelligence and it makes me want to do better too. I like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment