Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Summertime Madness

It's so hot I don't feel like doing anything lol. Just laying about like a panting dog haha. Reminds me of those old kids novels where you'd make lemonade and lie down in the lawn in the shadiest corner you could find. Oh damn, and also when I stayed in Rajasthan as a kid. Oof. I used to looove that time. 







This was a bday party and all my friends were there haha. Look at P with her blue beret, so quaint. And A holding her hands like the girly girl she was. And me sitting like a boss. Hahahah. I was a tomboy totally. We were soooo small here. Maybe like 9 or 10? Dayum. I think this was one of the most wonderful time of my life. Everything used to seem like magic. The heat, the sultriness of the desert, the huge garden I used to keep exploring and the trees I would keep climbing. I even love that sun ring in the dancing pic, just captures the moment so well. I discovered my love for reading here, when my small town school got a library, and I found a book I loved and promptly read every book they got after. Fuck. I was so obsessed. Just spent hours on the grass or in a tree, just reading. Haha. I discovered my love for my friends here too. T, A, P and even S. All of them were people I loved with my little heart, esp P. We used to get up to sooo many random adventures. 

The funny thing is, I remember it so vividly. This was the place where I used to just get this big sense of longing. Like I have to find something that's far away. I don't know why this memory always stayed with me over the years but I used to feel this weird yearning deep in my heart that I seek something. Every time I would cycle around town, I get lost in thought and feel it. 

Whatever it is, I believed in magic and goodness and lots of wonderful things when I was there. I think it was the happiest time of my life. I want to go back. Hehe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment