Going through an old album and it made me so nostalgic. And happy. I was a good kid, very sensitive, brash but tender hearted. I wanted to save everyone, make them happy and could not stand seeing anyone in pain. That part of me hasn't changed. I loved that I was clever, a bit arrogant about it even. But at the same time, it was tempered by my urge to be nice. Or was it? Hehe, maybe not. Maybe I simply was arrogant lmao. Everyone used to praise me so that didn't help. But I don't think I ever looked down on anyone. I'm glad. I think fairness came naturally to me, as did my desire to protect people from harm. I always felt like I can be brave for others, even if I couldn't for myself.
Moments of my childhood I just want to bottle in a jar, because they feel so precious now. Just lost in my own world, wanting to build spaceships, reading Archies comics, adopting puppies, and eating an obscene amount of grilled cheese sandwiches. One summer I decided to garden, and created my own patch with Poppies and Sweet Williams and that one beautiful violet flower whose name I don't recall. That summer our garden was in full bloom. Until the gardener ran away somewhere and then it fell back into its not so well kept ways haha. The amount of flowers he had sown wow. And that fish pond my dad got made in our backyard lmao. I remember them catching me trying to fish there with my makeshift fish hook. Man, totally got yelled at. How was I to know they weren't for fishing hahahah.
Ugh. I miss that place, I do. Moving from there, plunged me into a world that was bigger but I'm not sure if I'd call it better.
Come to think of it, even I'm named after a flower. Night Flowering Jasmine. Hehe. It's a lot like me, likes to be awake at night, simple and isn't pretentious.
Yep, that's the one. Little parry plant. Hehe.
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment