Friday, July 17, 2026

Odyssey

Watching it and halfway through I'm just not feeling it. This simply isn't nolans area. These epics need a lot more grit and understanding of sentiment as well as the mythology being depicted right. This was soooo haphazard for me. Meh.

In the last bit, I liked what they tried to show but it made me wonder...

We make up these morals and pretend like living within them makes us good, right, exempt from bad consequences. Is that really true? Or just more lies we tell ourselves to help us sleep better? Fabrics that are spun out of yarns of wishful thinking and making stuff up. Meh. Idk, what I do know is I wish someone remakes this myth. I have always loved the scale and imagination of the Greek and Roman mythology, it deserves a depiction that does it justice. This kinda wasn't it. I feel like nolan excels at grandeur as well as uplifting concepts, but stories like these are soooo rooted, they need a more grounded person to tell them.

Oh well. 

Also, sheesh who tf says dad will come home? The dialogue was too damn cringe. Jason Bourne would have ezpz come back sooner. 

~

Troy was SO MUCH BETTER. Even the opening scene with Achilles. "Of all the warlords loved by the gods, I hate him the most." 

Oh man that first scene was so top tier. 

Aura farming 🧺 πŸ”±

+ Noone calls anyone 'dad' in this film 😭

No comments:

Post a Comment