Monday, October 2, 2023

More Fischer

Seeing a Ruy game by Fischer. I find these closed positions so interesting. Esp when the bishops are basically pawns and you have to think your way out of that bind. Except in Fischer's case even those bishops turned out to be lethal attackers idek how. 

The thing that perplexes me everytime is - how many moves deep do people think to get that one optimum move? Like say Carlsen who mimics comp moves all the time, how many moves deep do you actually have to think to get to that? Ugh. I understand the whole ' comes with practice ' answer but I'm sure there must be an objective answer to this question as well. This game also reminds me of the time when M told me that the comp tries to mimic his style. At first I thought he was half kidding but no, it's actually very true, esp the way fisher broke through in this game is exactly the same kind of attacking chess. Seeing these games makes me want to actually be a better player, this game is so fucking interesting. Should stop my stupid 3+0 then. 

I'm not sure I see yet the "art" part of chess, but the bits I love is just the intense grind when you have to outthink someone. I get off on that I feel. Honestly, symmetry is amazing and it's great when it comes together but what I love most so far is just complete and utter relentlessness of an attack. Even positional chess just seems like that to me, lying in wait to pounce. Damn. Even thinking about it makes me wet. 



Fischer Gligoric 1972


Edit: FFS I SAID I WONT PLAY 3+0 THEN MINDLESSLY PLAYED 3+0 πŸ˜’

Edit 2: is the answer to the earlier question that during set up you may not have to think too deep but the minute you deviate from set lines or in a crucial break, you gotta calc as deep as you can? Hmm. Idk. Lmc if I can verify this via some games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment