Friday, October 20, 2023

Musings

Is there any other growing sector apart from Fintech? I'm sick of Fintech startups and their ideas too.  Been researching about edtech but it sucks balls it's become unethical asf. Education as a sector appeals to me the most, but I just don't know enough about it to think of any meaningful areas of contribution in it. Hmmm. 

Chess is actually one area that I genuinely feel a connect to and I find its business challenges quite unique. Was checking out some update by Geert about chesspunks and what struck me is how scanty the landscape for introducing new users seems to be at the moment. It's got a lot of value but such a high barrier to entry as well. Interesting. I think I'll spend some time mapping out the current status quo and see what I can understand in it. 

I actually quite like how my local chess group has grown in the last couple of years. It's actually quite huge now. And all because of two intermediate players who have a passion for the game. Hmmm okay I'll do some work over the weekend this feels fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment