Monday, October 16, 2023

Hoity Chop

I don't have too many foods I crave but zomg if you gimme some dumplings I'll just straight up demolish them. Hargows are my fav ooh lar larr! 

I've taken to eating everything with chopsticks now and idk I feel like a total boss eating my one grape with a serious expression and fantasy monocle. 

Chin chin , sir! 

I think I deffo have an affinity for Asian and coastal cuisine. And some bits of middle eastern cuisine too. I love hummus and olives and shakshouka is by far one of my fav styles of eggs. Man, my diet preferences have changed so much over the years. I typically do not enjoy heavy foods at all, but I like charcuterie boards where you can just graze. It was kinda hard to figure out a balance after giving up chicken but I don't miss it, I prefer fish anyway. 

Last night I was reading about Israel and then was checking out local cuisine and found a recipe for Latkes and it looks so mouth watering! A bit like Rostï which I absolutely love, it's so decadent. 

Potatoes are the truly the magicians of the vegetable kingdom. Versatile and yet never disappoint. 

Imma try making latkes tomo woohoo. 

Hehe, I love cooking way more than I like eating, don't I? True. Esp cooking for people gives me a lot of joy. Remains to be seen if my cooking gives other people joy but that's a problem for another day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment