Sunday, March 2, 2025

The Florida Project

It's crazy how time makes such a difference in perspective. The first time I saw this movie, I loved it. But I never appreciated some of the nuances of the supporting cast. Now that I'm older, I kinda get the adults who don't want their kids to hang out with the troublemaking kids. I'd never viewed life from the pov of people in the service industries and generally trying to get by. Nor was single unwed young mothers a thing I was used to considering. They themselves are kids so they can't exactly be role models. Damn man. But the end result is just kids growing up without any semblance of continuity or decency like how do you correct that? It's never right to blame kids ofc, but sometimes you also can't blame the parents it's just a cycle of bad choices that gets you there. 

Dammit yo. I'm actually understanding these boomers and the fears they might have had. Hmmmm. 

I still love this film, it's absolutely beautiful. But it's a more sombre beauty in my eyes now. I love that the lens of a child is used though, it's somehow so liberating and innocent. Kids are precious. Most definitely! 

~

Childhood is funny. You are in your own world and these adults are just in the background being adults but we never think of the phenomenal role they play in keeping us safe. That scene where these kids go into an abandoned building and start doing bs just gave me anxiety lmao. Lighting shit on fire. Crazy. Or that pedo who comes by. And I couldn't help but judge that lady for taking bikini selfies with that small kid like why would you? Women like her also gets exploited so much don't they? Esp if they are pretty? No support, predator like guys everywhere? It's really sad man. Lmao, I'm such a boomer. But damn man. Gotta make good choices in life. Esp with kids involved. 

Yep. I am a boomer. 

~

I loved the part where the kid is sitting on a tree and eating bread and jam. Heh. Reminds me of my fav tree as a kid, I loved to climb it and chill in it by myself haha. Best ever! 

~

In India, someone that poor will simply not have the option of wasting their life the way this woman does though. Some people are so privileged even in the midst of fucking up their lives. It's that privilege that makes people shitty. Little to no consequences and a whole lot of time to do more fuckery. For that, I do not have any sympathy, just a whole lot of contempt. Plus resorting to prostitution as a way to not get a job is just pathetic man. And the sheer audacity people have to yell at others who do then a good turn is just. Yeah misbehaving like that is soooo ungrateful sheesh. Lol. Ok boomer. Fuck hahahaha. I really am one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment