Monday, March 3, 2025

Rough Diamonds

My new hobby of watching a show while cycling is giving me new info. Seeing rough diamonds and I actually didn't know orthodox Judaism is a matrilineal society. That's so nice. The prayers around the dining table is actually something I can't understand because of language, but it's just interesting how so many cultures have similar tradition. I love the concept of challah. Hehe, cuz I love bread too and it looks absolutely delish on top of the custom being something I like. One should always give thanks and be grateful for what we have. Keeps us grounded and teaches us humility. Hmmm. I've always felt religion is best understood when you aren't born in it, because people don't get to force your views and you can freely look at things and understand them. And there is no burden of obeisance. In this way, my lens is atleast clear and I'm glad. 

~

Hehe and the old bearded grandad at the head of that table is sooo cute. Grandpa Ezra. P also named her daughter that. I remember her loving the name. 

~

If M grows his beard out and grows super old, he will also look as adorbs as this grandpa. Although this grandpa seems all mild and sweet lol. Whereas he will be a total grumps hahahhaa. Heh. The version of him that possibly just exists in my imagination is so damn lovable. Hehe. 

~

Why are oldie grandads so cute man? Ugh. 

Interesting that a matrilineal society still has a man at the head of the table, eh? I don't know how to feel about that. 

~

Hmmm. But I always see this way of binding a family together under religion to be a way to preserve businesses tbh. It's easy for me to observe something from a distance and see the value in it but living it when it's forced on you is very different. Part of why I hated business stuff growing up was simply because there's usually one head that creates it and the rest have to keep toeing the line in order to get their share and something about that is so abhorrent to me. Independence in choices is something that I've valued before I could even understand that. My rebellion since I was a kid was simply so I could maintain autonomy and choose to live my life my way. .  Esp since parts of my fam seemed so controlling and regressive that I just could not allow myself to give in. And I've always known this one thing... if you have greed for something... that's your yoke which is self imposed. Today, as an adult I have all the freedom I want. And when I now look at this stuff, I feel like ... The parts of me that are diplomatic and willing to compromise exist but only for things I deem of value to me. I can manage people, I know that. But I'd only choose to do so if I want to - for someone I care about. I've always made sure to give room, try to read someone's wishes and be a supportive presence in their lives. But I do it cuz I care and only because I have the autonomy to choose. If someone tried to make me ... That won't happen, I can't digest what I would then interpret as servitude.  I know that creating or being part of a family needs diplomacy, care, value and I'd provide it ezpz from my side but only because I actually like and respect the person I'm with and for a more selfish reason too - cuz I want to create a happy, stable life and part of that is ensuring that you... Dammit... That you bind family together well. Hahah. Shit. Boomer me. Well I'd do it for love not money, but I can't pretend like my motives would be any less selfish. It's just the end goal that's different. Oh well, I don't have any illusions about mine and what I value and choose to protect. Hmmm. Lol. I think like coders only. Task... What it requires to be accomplished... Best way to do it. Figure. Lots of things in the world can be accomplished if you take ego out of the equation. I guess this might be my one traditional thought as well. Women should bring families together. And so should men tbh. You only enable a woman to do so if you respect and support her. So I guess maybe not so much of a traditional thought.  + idk dude... Make your own bag yo. Don't depend on others to do it for you. Autonomy only comes from the ability to support yourself. Life is sweet when your life is about your own choices. 

~

Oh no! Grandpa Ezra fell. :( dammit he is so cute man. Ugh. He is totes the older version of this fellow hahah. Plus they all have fantastic hair haha. 

~

Oh this show is set in current times I didn't know people in Antwerp actually wore traditional attire even now. Wait, then why is that widow lady looking to meet such old 60+ yo dudes and not ones her age? Weird. And Grandpa Ezra's wife doesn't want a goyish woman to help her in her big home hahahahhaha. Shit. Idk why that made me laugh, just the inappropriateness lmfao. Old people and their discomfort with anything not familiar. Geriatrics are deffo the most racist fucks out there but just so funny at the same time. 

Ooo AK's wife also comes from a diamond merchant family no. I wonder if her extended family is similar to this too. Both our diamond community and this one are so similar in customs. And both love money above all ahha. 

~

Switched to some Finegold vid and zomg. Is he ok? Looks very sickly and was shaking so much. God, I hope it's nothing serious that tremor looked like Parkinson's. He used to also have a facial tremor. Oh man. Hope I'm wrong asf. Changed upon this after so long and was such a different person from the one I remember. 

~

No comments:

Post a Comment