The last concert. Damn.
~
Eons ago, in a lifetime far far away. I swayed to you. I didn't feel the exact kind of alienated. I've never been alienated, I've always been in the thick of things. But I got you. I got you cuz deep within I always felt like maybe noone gets me. Maybe that's a common feeling. Your popularity definitely says to me that it must be. You sang, we listened, we connected. Heh. To think of us all as tiny lil signals all blipping by ourselves.
And today I heard this. Just a bit of a homage maybe. From an artist I kinda like. He got that damn piano right.
~
I'd pick a piano player over a guitarist anyday.
~
I miss you Chester san. You are my personal bookmark into a time where I was angsty, a bit lost, and sooooooo into life. I didn't know it then, but damn. There was a fire in me that has somewhat simmered. I like it that way, I think it needs to only rage for something that's worth it. But looking back I guess I do love who I used to be.
~
Funny thing is... I don't connect to the lyrics at all, never did. But the yearning, the piano, the paraphernalia. Now that. Goated asf. That fucking piano man. Damn. Just sneaks up on you.
~
Finally growing my hair long. One must tint it to suggest nostalgia.

No comments:
Post a Comment