Sunday, April 21, 2024

Waking up just to see some of the game and dayum. So exciting I'm feeling nervous seeing it haha.


Bruuuh I fell asleep thinking it'll be tiebreaks and it's not. Dayum...I feel so gutted for Ian and Fabi though fuck. Shit dude. Damn I feel very very bad for them. :(

Mentality is such a monster. It truly is. Couple of years ago I remember seeing an interview by this kid and I was struck by his poise and therav as they call it. I've seen that twice before in my life, where two people who completely overlooked by everyone around suddenly showed so much fortitude that they went ahead to win their respective competitions and all the flashy ones were dust. The same stuff I thought I saw in Gukesh. Not giving in to pressure, battling with fortitude. And he is now a contender and I bet noone, including me, was thinking it'll be that. Incredible. I hope the kid has a bright future and grows from strength to strength. It'll be crazy how much pressure he would be under now. But I hope the will to do your best just cuts out all the noise. And that's so necessary. To have a good view of what you want and to be focused on it without letting your own mind get in the way. Huge lesson to be learnt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment