Monday, January 6, 2025

El Aleph

 

"As is well known, the Aleph is the first letter of the Hebrew alphabet. Its use for the strange sphere in my story may not be accidental. For the Kabbala, the letter stands for the En Soph, the pure and boundless godhead; it is also said that it takes the shape of a man pointing to both heaven and earth, in order to show that the lower world is the map and mirror of the higher; for Cantor′s Mengenlehre, it is the symbol of transfinite numbers, of which any part is as great as the whole."

- Jorge Luis Borges

~

Of all the rabbit holes that lead me to this story. One from 1949. I am surprised and pleased and find it nice.

I love the concept of oneness that exists in Judaism, and I love the word - Aleph. 

Contain me within you, please? 

~


'God is an intelligible sphere, whose center is everywhere, and whose circumference is nowhere'

- Alanus de Insulis


No comments:

Post a Comment