Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Was trying to understand why I hated that conversation last night and had such a bad reaction to it. I think it's the underlying deception of it all. 

For as long as I've known her, I've heard her say these negative things about others. Like my brother's relationship when they were long distance. Straight up having a negative take on it cuz her own relationship didn't work. Assuming that meg and I would have conflict cuz every friendship has conflict. Telling me I won't find what I want in a partner so I need to have low expectations. 

All of this just boils down to her not being happy with her life choices and trying to make herself feel better by assuming other people are in the same situ. Like the misery loves company thing. And I hate it. I hate that mentality, that negativity, that meanness and bitterness. And I feel like protecting myself and my friends + fam from this mindset. And the part that's so unreal and deceptive to me is how she is ruining a perfectly nice guy's life by constantly being miserable yet being married to him. He has always been so nice and caring and even went for therapy to fix stuff and dealt with her anger issues and what not. I guess I notice his contributions cuz I've never really had someone make an effort for me so it strikes me easily. He even waited for more than a year to have her say yes to marriage. Fuck man. Like I'm sorry but not everyone has problems all the time and they don't need to open relationships to make it positive. In fact, right after you'll realise it wasn't the solution and then you are left holding a bag of shit. And I'm sure if she finds people genuinely happy, it'll only make her more miserable cuz then it'll just show that oh it's actually possible to have something good in life. 

Whatever. I don't want to think of this again. 

Hmmm. I don't know if I will be able to continue this friendship in the long term. 

No comments:

Post a Comment