Thursday, November 2, 2023

Touch

My second fav philosopher, right next to Kierkegaard



You can always hide kernels of profundity inside something inane and child like. Maybe it's the juxtaposition of using innocence as a lens for the larger conversation. As long as I can remember, I've had little to no patience for things that seemed complex for no reason. It registered as pretentious and I hate that almost as much as I hate hypocrisy. So the simplicity of Calvin and Hobbes is where my heart lies in the end. And yes, the world is a lot nicer when experienced with a soulmate who understands things just the same way you do. It's a moment in time where you know there's another being that just understands you, and sometimes that enough to abate the loneliness of existence. 

Is this why I love holding hands? 

In all forms, maybe. 










So much can be said with negative space and simplicity. 

Plus, I have small hands and one thing I love to do is measure then against someone else's to see if both of mine fit in one of theirs. Just feels so safe when they do lol. Even when it's only the tips of my fingers placed just right. Hehe, guess my love language is physical touch and acts of service. Quality time too. Didn't think they'd be the ones I'd end up with, but so it goes. Its changed over the years. Acts of service used to be numero uno for me. But it isn't now. Recieving gifts is dead last. 
Which is funny cuz I love giving someone gifts, thoughtful gestures. But I feel so weird if someone gives me something. Hmmm. Maybe that's cuz I don't know how to receive care all that well? Idk. Could be. Or it just feels very take-ry types and I don't like that? Idk to be honest. I'd like to be comfortable with the notion though, it would translate to feeling okay with being pampered and not my default "earn it" mentality. You shouldn't have to earn love and care. And in the end it doesn't matter if you mean something to someone if they never tell you that. It's all just moot. Something I have to remind myself of all the time lol. 

Whatever, just hold my hand and I'll be shy and ecstatic that's all I want. To hold on to big strong palms and grin to myself while I trot alongside you talking about something more or less mundane. Yummy!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment