Friday, November 3, 2023

This or that



 
   Arbeit in Lack 156 - Johann Nußbächer


I love the shades, the mixing of colours. If ever there was a bold palette I would love, it would be this. Then again, I'd go deep blue all the way to black too. 

Mingle mingle, make my spine tingle. 


Van Gogh in Baku - Emil Aziz

Can't go wrong with any takes on Van Gogh. If there's ever a painter who captured the night sky, it would be him. That's so incredible to think about. To make what everyone sees every day your own, and to influence it to this day. His melancholy is what draws me to him. I'm not sure if it's projection, but when I see any of his paintings, I feel like I can sense his loneliness through them, and yet his soul had so much beauty and respect for his surroundings that it infused every painting of his with a lot of care and love that radiates. He paints what he loves, and always as an observer. I've often found his subject matter very close to Monet's,yet there is such a stark difference in their takes. One dances, the other watches and they both see beauty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment