Thursday, January 15, 2026

Been wearing socks like a grandma for a month now. 🥶 

~

Why is it that nighttime is always when I feel the most restless and active? Like why? Feels like zomg now I can do so much and why aren't I reading more and why aren't I doing xyz, it's weird but also always true. Post 6 pm is when I feel like getting tuff done but daylight? Oh gawd no. Sheesh. 

~

Actually enjoying Leviticus, the writers of that time really took themselves very seriously too. I wonder if anyone in the world still reads though. Maaan, realising that my friends reading level is so poor she doesn't even understand the themes of children's novels was soooo mind blasting. It's very shocking to see someone be so inept, it's like watching dunning krueger in action. Crazy. Anyway. 

~

Also enjoying Howell streams, I like that he keeps the vids up so I can catch a few minutes here and there. It's interesting how his chess is so stylistically different from others, completely focused on removing all counterplay and keeping stuff solid in his half. Lol. I suppose this is what old man chess is meant to be hahah. Fuck, the amount I laughed when he went about scooping pawns in bullet instead of just ending the game I was just soooo shocked that his instincts are to be as technical as he can be hahaha. Plus, there's something very soothing about realising someone as strong as him still goes on 8 hour benders to regain rating lmao. " One of us, one of us! "

It was very difficult to look at chess peeps post naro passing, but atleast with Howell and Sadler, it feels good. Very simple folks, good at articulation, no bs, good jokes at times, and no obscene bullshit. It feels good to just see skill tbh. I actually do enjoy that a lot. Heh... I suppose in these uncertain times, it bodes well to keep to spaces and communities that are respectful. 

~

Made in Abyss is turning out to be every bit as weird and nutty as they said. Man, anime is one artform that really allows for creativity to shine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment