Sunday, November 10, 2024

What a nice day. It was sunny, went out, met M, have her the Ramsay book I had been looking forward to gifting and my cheese haha. Omg. Checked out sports stuff, coffee, made a complete day of it. Saw C also, sometimes I don't like the way he speaks to her. I can see she also gets offended by it. Hmmm. She has been a bit touchy around me also lately and I feel maybe it's because of him being so overbearing that she feels like noone listens to her point? Idk. I dislike the incessant need he has to be the person who knows the most in any situation. Even when he doesn't lol. Idk. I would find it exhausting to be around him, I already do even on short visits. Strange no. I get that everyone has insecurities but sometimes I'm very stunned by how much it distorts someone's behaviour. Statements like " you don't know anything " in that giving a speech tone is quite offensive. Hmmm. Sometimes I wonder how much compromise is too much compromise on a relationship. Oh well. I wonder what compromises I am capable of. Like it's easier to know what you can't compromise on at times. But people always put up with strange things without realising it. It struck me the other day when other M also said H disrespected his family and he followed that with... But they don't know family dynamics. I didn't ask him the dynamics but my mind right in that moment was like hey hey it doesn't matter what the dynamics are, who tf is that guy to speak about it.  Even if everything is top notch, doesn't mean someone has the right to talk about fam. These people have no respect for anything. I remember him saying shit about A's brother also and that too was sooooo shitty. Cunt he is. Hell, even in godfather, noone talked smack of fams. Maybe it's also an Indian thing in a way. For us, culturally there is a sort of reverence with which people have been taught to view fams so insulting parents etc is seen as inappropriate in the extreme. Well, that's actually a good thing. Maybe that's why my first instinct was to get flared up right when I read that statement. And H has a Sri Lankan dad, plus his own culture stresses on family values so he should know better than to behave this way like wtf.  Hmmm. I'm sure it's a hurtful topic for M though, inside inside he is so sensitive so I'm sure he feels it a lot even if he doesn't say it. Probably doesn't say it because it's so sensitive to him. Damn. :( Didn't think of it that way till now. I didn't want to ask also, these things are so personal it feels like prying. Best to let people share what they please. I guess support can always be silent and solid, atleast that's my view of it. Oh well, nothing so bad that it can't be either fixed or atleast dealt with in some way. It'll be fine. 

I see C also hitting some sensitive spots in M and idk how long she allows for it. I guess forever. But then I suppose he makes up for it in different ways. Relationships hinge on trade-offs that help you feel secure. That matters most. Rest is okay. 

You live, you learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment