My feed is so filled with depressing news like all of the time. What is this world even coming to like. Genuinely shocking. Hope this phase ends soon. Tired of stupidity.
~
Kindness and consideration is now top of my list of things to look for in people. I don't think I can even look in the direction of anyone who lacks that anymore. Weird. It was something I never really thought about before but now it just hammers into me how important it is.
~
Well, atleast I know for sure I would not chase that or anything now. I think in general it's good practice in life to wait and see who makes an effort in the right way, and there's no point in letting that slide. It's important to have that one baseline that's always met. I don't want to ever feel skeptical or unsure of that ever again.
~
I guess the bottom line is I'm saying no to making an effort ever again for someone who doesn't do the same for me. I've been realising this more and more that over the course of my life I've been happy and generous in the effort bit and I suppose one way to weed out terrible people is simply to let go of anyone who can't or won't. It's just not worth it. I'd rather people who mean well, who are comfortable with who they are and more importantly, who are happy with themselves enough to be able to be nice as default enter my life. Hmmm. I guess why I'm so adamant is also cuz I've reached this weird crossroads where I feel like if I have to dilute this thought and make an effort on my own, then is that person really worth it? Like is anyone who makes you/ manipulates you to dilute your standards as opposed to just raising their level to be good just so they make you accomodate them really worth it? I don't think so. I think when someone tries to make another person do all the work, they automatically just end up filtering out people with self respect and whatever is left is just... Idk. I don't like knocking folks but I just don't think a happy healthy equation can result out of someone seeking to manipulate and forgo effort on their part. And a huge part of lasting equations is valuing people. Otherwise it's just trash. Fuck it yo. I guess that's my line in the sand and I shall not overstep. Funny. It's hard for me to not make effort because I'm simply so attuned to doing so. However, it will never again be for someone who doesn't bring decency, humility and genuineness to the table. Fuck it dude. People who genuinely care will always figure out a way to keep you in their lives and actively work towards making that happen. Rest you should simply chuck. Not worth it at all.
I suppose it's like workouts, the harder ones are more rewarding in the long run. I don't want anything that's not genuine and I don't want anything that seeks to make me compromise. I just don't want it. It is what is it. Guess that means goodbye, finally. Well. Blah. I am done.
~
Cheers to that, and let's move on. 🥂
~
Amen, goodbye, and let's go. 🚀
No comments:
Post a Comment