Friday, July 25, 2025

Concentric circles

Meeting S after so long. Hehe. I like our friendship. He is my oldest friend. That's fuckin crazy. Knew him from when he wore those tiny school uniform shorts hahahha. 

Damn man. Time flies. But I love equations that endure. Never thought ours will but here we are. 

Sometimes it's nice to have a good equation with someone even when it's long distance. I enjoy this feeling tbh. We have both never crossed the line into being too close and that's good too. I suppose that's also what gives our equation its longevity. I get along with dudes pretty well and I think a large part of that maybe stems from knowing how reseved to be. Hehe. Like I even switch it up to being sisterly with a few and I guess it's cuz I don't mind being relied upon, but I definitely do not want that to be taken in any different way. I do enjoy the feeling of being relied on, it makes me feel centered. 

~

I love trustful equations man. He is one of the few folks I actually just implicitly trust and that feels nice. He has always made the decent choices as far as I've known him. Hmmm. Esp the one where he simply told me "i'll never speak to AM again" after I told him about AM's misbehaving. It was one of the first times in my life a guy just implicitly took my side. Could have cried that moment haha. That cemented my belief that he is a good friend and I will forever be grateful for it. 

~

I read somewhere today about how peaceful it feels to not be in a household that's loud, argumentative and toxic. Growing up, I was always trying to shut myself off in some room somewhere so I can avoid conflict. I know he comes from a toxic home as well and had his own set of issues he had to grapple with. But he turned out good. I think so have I. 

Now, as an adult life is peaceful and I take that for granted. I hope I have the luxury of always doing that forevermore. Guess I have to consistently choose nice people consciously for that. 

~


No comments:

Post a Comment