~
I suppose my love for Elaine Benes as a character also stemmed from that. She was smart, pretty, funny, selfish and a whole lot of stuff. But she was always natural and never overly sexualised. I really respect that. I find the whole overt sexualization and objectification of women to be the exact flipside of the coin for making them wear veils and what not. It's just treating them as objects and not people. I suppose it may not be a popular opinion but like... It's okay to be who you are. For everyone. And props to conan for being such a good guy, he is so sharp and picks up on nuances so well. More people should be this way. And to think I once hung around a dude who translated the russian word for slut for me without batting an eye and letting his friend pass lewd comments. Idk why I fooled myself for so long. Heh. As they say... People show you who they are, believe them. Amen to that.
~
Zorba the Greek. We should be a bit like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment