Really loving his work. It's not often I understand well what an artist is trying to say but when it clicks it feels so good.
I like his landscapes even more than his city work tbh. There's a sense of hope in them that's lacking in his cityscapes lol.
Cape Ann Granite.
This delights me because I view landscapes this exact way. It's so hard to express what that means but my eyes just lust for the beauty of nature in all its unvarnished glory. I love craggy hills and moss on stones and sunlight lighting up the entirety of it all. Being on top of a hill and looking around feels just this way ugh. God I love it so.
~
I know nighthawks and house by the railway is more iconic but to me there's a stillness and beauty in these that escape the dereliction of his human lens haha. Hope, I shall always cling to thee. I hope.
.jpeg)

No comments:
Post a Comment