Sunday, August 27, 2023

The Princess and the Pea

Omg... I just realised that it can be an analogy for sensitivity. Daaaamn. How cuuute. I used to dislike it as a kid cuz in my mind I was like bruh how can you be so damn privileged and sheltered that you feel it through so many layers of mattresses. But it suddenly occurs to me now that it can also be about being so in touch with things that you can feel the anomaly even when far removed. Perspective is such a funny thing, never know when it clobbers you. Okay I don't hate the princess anymore. 

Incidentally I also remember that when I was a tiny baby I rolled off the bed and into the mosquito net and continued sleeping. And my parents couldn't find me and panicked and searched the entire house. And I CONTINUED SLEEPING. Lmao. The number of times I've fallen fast asleep as the world falls down around me is one too many haha.  

Okay need to revisit all these little children's tales to see what I might have missed. Of all the things I love to read, the stories of childhood are what I hold closest to my heart. Hans Cristian Andersen, Aesops, so much treasure in them. I badly want to author a book for kids too. I'll try my hand at it someday for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment