Wednesday, April 30, 2025

When I see you

I see you with the eyes of love. 

The lines on your face, the frowns, the smiles, the way your chest moves. The ruggedness, the temper, the way your voice can croon. The grumpiness that can spark annoyance. I am honest enough to notice things as they are, but I do not weigh myself down by the lens of judgement. 

I'm an optimistic beaver perhaps. I feel like I'm called to build. These days all I build are walls. Shame. Hopefully that will change. 

For now, I see you getting older...the subtle signs of age...they creep up on everyone, as they do on you. And you are conscious of them, aren't you? More than most. I wonder if that means you find yourself hard to love. Do you need to be perfect? We all fall short of that, that's one of life's constants.

I used to think love was pristine and perfect or atleast it was meant to be. Little did I know. 

I see all this now and maybe a bit more, lord knows you aren't perfect, neither am I. And yet I view it all...as always with the eyes of love.

All the kinks, all the insecurities, the subtleties...they endear me to you. I like to make you smile. Even if it's just for a moment. Nah. Tbh poetry aside, I wish you'd smile a lot more and be happier. I like it when you tease and take things lightly. The way you can make jokes in that voice of yours. That humor is just wicked good. Damn. I'd love for you to share my lens, and see that you are loved just as you are. Some days less, other days more... But always loved. No matter what. 

Loving you is a part of my soul. I fear that knowledge most times. But I love you just the same. How could I not?

Little by little, I have discovered this one unshakable truth - 

it's those things people tell us are flaws, stuff they tell us to hide, to keep hidden, pretend it doesn't exist...to be ashamed of even...those are the very things that actually make me love you so fucking goddamn much. 

Flavours of ice cream and flavours of you. Could never say no to either of that. 

~

Me - 2025

~

The corollary must also hold good I suppose. Maybe if you were perfect...I would not love you at all. Hehe. Suck it. 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment