Saturday, April 19, 2025

Lions among us

I miss the era of respect. 

I miss the times when you had leaders you look up to because they hold themselves to high standards and in turn, ask you to be your best selves. That was the whole point of the symbol. That one embodiment of who we are, who we aspire to be. 

It's easy to fall into muck and grime. It's so lowly to do that though. So let's not. And you should be discerning. You should learn to be differentiating. And you should... God knows you should learn to think for yourself. It's a person's most precious asset. The ability to look at a thing, a person, a problem with equality and equanimity and never think less or more of yourself in relation to it. But have the faith that you can measure yourself against anything and you willlll give it your best. That self belief is the bedrock of sportsmanship. I believe that's the crux of ubermensch. ( Nietzsche be damned but my god the man was clever. )

I just fundamentally miss all of that. Maybe it's my military upbringing. Always knowing your ps and qs. Conducting youself with dignity and poise. All of it is so important. Dignity in self, is so important. 

And I miiiiiisssss the era of gentlemen. When men were gently protective, and so were women. Just in different ways. 

~

I want to see the rise of leaders that once again embody a higher ideal. So we may once again look at the future with hope and yearning not fear and distrust. Or disgust, as I seem to be feeling these days. 

~

The heart of a narcissist is a fucking coward and he shall never be a lion. I wish some scripture had just stated that bluntly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment