Wednesday, April 16, 2025

All scriptures are rooted in one fundamental. Actions have consequences. 


This is a core tenet that I believe should not be erased from this world. It's one of the most important things in life. For a good life. I recall that question Socrates had asked. Does God like a deed because it is pious or is a deed pious because god likes it? It a very deep question I suppose. In my mind it's simply loved by gods because it is pious. That way, you place virtue as the highest good, actions that even gods bow to. I like that thought. It says we all aspire to the highest good. There's humility in that. 

~

These days, more so than ever... I believe man needs a framework of virtue to aspire to. It's so important. Every symbol we have, points to that. Symbols of good. In all our stories... Good defeats evil. And it must, so we have something to aspire to. Because it isn't easy to cast aside selfishness. It's unchecked power, imbalance, lack of consequences... That is the root cause of suffering. And I guess the only way to alleviate it, would be if we care just as much about others as we do ourselves. Like a zero sum game except for good. Is it possible? Heh. A good question too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment