Sunday, September 15, 2024

"Proud of you, but not surprised. That's why. "💀

I just. What do I even think here? Lmao. I was contemplating straight up blocking him and then he says this. Lol. 

Hmmm. Well I'm not gonna overthink it but it would be nice if he had said it from the get go. This once I'm not letting myself melt even though honestly it felt very sweet and gruff and like he couldn't really bring himself to be honest but then he did lol. Ok maybe I'm melting a little. I really do have a soft spot for you. But I'll melt fully only when you earn it the right way. Till then even my armour will be up. ðŸĪš

~

Okay but side note:

Sometimes it's so hard to make stubborn people see sense lol. It's like ... I feel people believe that by being tough on someone you bring out the best in them or something. And they don't realise that all they do is create self hating adults like zverev and rublev and tsitsipas who don't reach their potential and end up as very bitter adults imo. Even Agassi talks about hating the sport and I don't think he would have if his life was diff. Like Magnus, whose parents were smart so they knew how to nurture his talent without adding on their baggage to him. 

I guess I see mental energy and drive as fuel. The most efficiently burnt fuel leaves very little residue while maximising its potential. When parents or coaches or whoever saddle on this negative grindset mindset, they make athletes less efficient overall because part of the energy simply gets wasted in unimportant sources like hating on self, being reckless etc. It never had the best results. And this kind of boomer mentality has always created lots of harm. Like seeing rublev these days is just sad... The traces of abuse on him are so severe. 

Hmmm. 

~

Well, to each their own... I can't change people and I'm not going to try to, I'm simply going to look to find ones that fit my mind well because I don't want dysfunction as a distraction, I'd like someone to add value to my life in a meaningful way. Guess that's my bottom line too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment