Saturday, September 21, 2024

Wow. There is so much to absorb here. The customs, the community vibe people have. Community is a cover up word for a judgy horde lol. It's interesting how they are nice to each other but also gossip about each other so much. I guess that's why values and a set of expectations are important. To loosely govern a horde and get them to get along lol. I've long believed that it's one of the true purposes of religion too. A way to give hope, and a way to govern. 

Yet again, I feel like a complete foreigner here. There's no overlap in mentality between us. And in the end none of my life choices or theirs do either. Actually maybe there I'm wrong. There are some. Esp with my cousins getting divorced. Atleast is a welcome change actually. Noone wants to suffer through a bad marriage. I'm glad. 

Hmmm. 

I feel a sense of aloofness maybe? Idk. Somewhere that sense of holding myself to myself is very strongly present in me. When mum called and told me she passed away, my first reaction was to get up, book flight, finish whatever needs doing, pack and then give myself the space to sit and absorb it. It's always this way, I prioritise doing what is necessary. That sense of responsibility I feel compels me to. Then called brother to check how he is doing and generally listen to him. Didn't tell anyone else about it either. I somehow simply don't feel like it. 

Hmmm. Well. Days go by. 


No comments:

Post a Comment