Friday, July 7, 2023

Chess dreams

Woke up with a chess game in my head, not one that made sense but just happened to be there. I think I'm majorly stalled atm and it's kinda starting to get to me. I'd like to be better. One of the key things I'm doing wrong is visualisation. I constantly tend to see the board as a two person game instead of a one person game. Hmmm. I think I need to figure out a way to challenge that default stance. Because I get the calcs right when I'm trying, and I tend to find the best moves simply cuz comp analysis has given me a sense of intuition but this is only when I'm paying attention actively. 

Idk how to summarise this but I guess constant awareness + full board visualisation is what I need to do. 

I want to study other games as well, lmc I'll pick one. I only know the opera house one vividly so far. 

You know. Chess needs some tools for beginners that can mimic training for kids. Let me try the opening tree explorer and see how it feels. 

Fuck it, I'll study today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment