Friday, January 5, 2024

Butler v Gatsby

Reading about Fitzgerald and now Gatsby is making more sense. Fundamentally I can't get behind Gatsby but I guess I can appreciate the sentiment. Falling for these smoke and mirrors types of Daisy Buchanan type women is just sooooo repulsive to me. They'll just look and act like delicate flowers and be total cunts but society will see them as oh so nice. 

I'd pick Rhett Butler over Gatsby any sweet day. Both had similar swashbuckling traits but Rhett was such a man. And the one who discovered his worth and decided to deliver that iconic line. Well, come to think of it, I didn't like Scarlett O Hara either but she was strappy and capable which I can respect. But Daisy Buchanan aaaaa. Just triggers me the wrong way lol. Like her parallel in Gone with the wind might even be Melanie except Melanie was such a strong woman and the way they showed Rhett instantly recognising that and always being a gentleman only for her was amazing. 

Hehe, I love you, Rhetts of the world. You all are wildlings - driven, passionate, can be absolutely maddening, but will always come through when needed. Now that's a man's man right there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment