I've always loved lectures. And as I listen to howell, I realise I absolutely love listening to chess explanations and analysis. Between him and Sadler, they are two folks who I not only respect, but I realise they were actually my archetypes of what chess players would be. Preconceived notions I guess. Turns out they are the extreme minority lol. Strange.
I'm finding it super interesting how he talks about fear of being judged and how that messed up his play. It's very rare for people to be so comfortable with themselves that they can share that stuff openly. "Got scared then got more scared" lol. He seems fairly authentic as a person, I like that tbh. Peoples' psychology fascinates me. I'm always on autopilot trying to sort and understand. A good bonus is finding people whose ethics and values make me feel comfortable and at ease.
Whether it's art or tech or now chess, I really do enjoy learning a lot. I hope that never changes. I'd like longer sessions a couple of times a week too if I can manage it. Would be good. Hope this man streams more and does implement his plan to have some chess focused explanations. Here's hoping. He is a fantastic at explaining tbh and the casual wit is a good plus. Magnus has good taste in people and friends. Now if only Sadler would play a bit on lichess, my chess needs would be dunzo!
~
Edit. Wtf he actually is playing wuuuut! After fucking ages jeez. Damn what a lovely coincidence. If I can't play then atleast I can watch lol. God, I'm sucking haaaaard rn.
No comments:
Post a Comment