Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Plato's Symposium

What a fucking brilliant book. Oh man. Read all night long almost after so damn long. Very very immersive. I don't even know how many more times I gotta read it to fully absorb it but I can't wait to deep dive into Plato more! I realise that I enjoy philosophy that deals with the structures of the world and governance more than personal power and dilemmas. Probably why I respect Machiavelli but despise Nietzsche. The difference between optimising and doing what's needed v needless arrogant power mongering lol. 

Hmmm. I kinda like the dialectic way to flesh out an idea, Dosto does the same but pretends it's a book lol.  Haha, I love how little Dosto cared about plots and structures or anything flashy. Something about the sheer authenticity of his drive makes me respect him a lot. 

Anyway, let me read more. So much to absorb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment