Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Day 11 - Your current relationship. If single, discuss how single life is

Single life, for me, is quite an unexpected surprise. 
This is the first time in years that I have been truly single. Without any feeling towards anyone whatsoever. And it's actually been good. I hadn't realised earlier on just how much mind space a relationship or even liking someone takes. Somehow, all that used to be primary and every other aspect of life became secondary.
I quite like the place I am in right now. Being single has helped me become a bit better and definitely more well versed in things. I actually have a bunch of interests that keep me engaged. Like learning German, taking up some courses in Buddhism, being able to write etc. I'd have never done any of this if a boy was around! 
It's also given me a good perspective on relationships. Like earlier I was prone to being too involved and completely unable to see the larger picture. But I'm much better now. And I have learnt how to let go. And to walk away from relationships where I don't see an end goal. That used to be very hard earlier. 
Surprisingly, I have become very very selective. I seem to avoid dates and all now. 🌝 Like the last date I had, I made excuses around 9.30 and left. Just to come home and watch friends! All because a voice in my head said... Eh waste of time this is! 
Lulz.
So yeah, being single has been pretty good so far. I quite like knowing that the next time I meet someone, it will be without any bullshit, and it will be a good way to start a relationship, not a rebound or escape route. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment