Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Distance and Displacement

I hear the sounds of the trees, rustling outside. Thunder slowly creeping in. The cold will break the heat, about time it did. Windy whislings make me calm, steady, rooted. One of the few times I feel like I can be in the moment, just adequate. Peace in the elements, away from everyone and noone to answer to.

Sometimes, I wish I was in a cold country, somewhere in the mountains. Looking over gloomy skies in the cold, face numb and if I smile, I feel my skin stretch in protest. 

There's so many flights of fantasy I want to take. So many questions I want answered. Not even sure who I want to ask them to, just a nebulous entity who I project wisdom on, maybe? 

Will it always feel like trying to squeeze water out of stone? Cuz I'm on the verge of quitting. Maybe I'm just not meant to experience it. Funny.

If only life came with a manual. I'm happy to do the work, not afraid to do it either. The joke is that I just don't know what the instructions would say. A hundred for willingness and a zero for sense of direction. So I guess we move a lot and still just stay in place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment