Sunday, January 7, 2018

Musings on a sunny day

Some days I get bogged down by life, and some days I have moments of serenity. Some days it's hard to go on. Some days there is just cold hard purpose.
On particularly cold sunny days, I listen to the Barenaked Ladies and life seems like a road trip. (Pinch Me) :)
But the best days are those, when you stretch and stretch and stretch.
And you choose love. Not for anyone else, but for you. Because love is breezy, it's full of promise and it doesn't make you small.
I think I'm slowly understanding the battles that take place within, when your insecurities clash with the person you want to be. Anger is like a whirlwind that keeps you caged in, every gust a stroke of pain. You would rather avoid it. Maturity might just entail allowing the hits to happen, and finding a way to deal with the pain. Because pain can only have power over you if you allow it to. It's okay to give yourself room to grow and make mistakes. Life is a long term continuum, no act is complete in itself. It took me so many years to grasp that concept. 
I feel like I'm leaving childhood behind now. It's slow, but it is happening. Makes me happy.

Switching to: Lovers in a dangerous time/Brian Wilson


No comments:

Post a Comment