Friday, September 8, 2017

The Happiness Paradox

I read a whole bunch on theories on how to approach life. My friend introduced me to Stoicism, I had earlier experimented with acceptance, detachment, nihilism, existentialism, the whole gamut. But instinctively, none of them were quite right.
And then one day I realised, every theory out there is a by product of the experiences of the individual who proposed it. Unfortunately that person is not me. So while some experiences I have may find a mirror, the rest would not. Fail.
So basically we all create our own handbooks. That is uber cool. Being in the creative business I have observed that the role of creativity is to find solutions within the flux. There is noise, clutter and naysayers everywhere. Yet your role is to find that sweet spot that noone has yet discovered. This is applicable to life itself.
It isn't detachment or avoidance or any passive acceptance that makes me happy, its involvement, through and through. All of those other things can suck it. Action speaks louder, takes you places, helps you swim against the current, instead of allowing it to take you wherever. Wisdom is being able to determine the correct action for every situation.

So many experiences, so little time, so much joy. :D

Heart.Heart.Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment